Friday 13 February 2009

tell-tale heart


tell-tale heart, originally uploaded by EGJ.

I've never been good at Valentine's. It tends to make me bloody-minded. Perhaps it has to do with Poe. This year, I carry my heart in a paper bag, wrapped in plastic, because it is still wet. Freshly put together, grown fat and full, stuffed with velveteen dreams. It's a snowy February. I am sadder, happier. I am lost and found. One eye black, the other a true blue. Except I have green eyes, of course, or maybe hazel, depending on the light. But never mind. Let's not entangle ourselves in the metaphors. I have a tale to tell, a song to sing, except no words will come: all you can hear is the beat, beat, beat. If my message was translated into music, what would it be? A strange tune, quirky lyrics, or maybe just Björk singing: while you are away, my heart comes undone, slowly unravels, in a ball of yarn...

I am the one who keeps leaving. But you are the one with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment